The Oversized Wool Coat | Banana Republic

Thursday 15 January 2015









Surprise. I'm back.

After a month away from blogging I have finally found the time to do what I love. With quitting College and entering the world of work I have been nothing but busy but today I had my first day off in a long while and I decided to whip out the camera, throw on a wool coat and enter what was the windiest day in Weston.

But enough about that, today I wanted to show you one of my new favourite pieces in my ever growing wardrobe - my new oversized black wool coat from Banana Republic. I have loved oversized wool coats for a while now since I saw one of my style icons Harry Styles wear it out and about not long ago and ever since then I have been after the perfect one to add to my wardrobe.

With a much lower budget than Styles I had to search high and low for a cheaper equivalent of his perfect coat. Doing this I took a day trip to Bath before Christmas where I came across a little store that I wasn't so familiar with, this being Banana Republic. Now I'm an advocate for stores such as Topman, All Saints and Urban Outfitters but I expanded my horizons and tried out a store I wasn't so familiar with. 

Entering this new store was like a deer in front of headlights: I was lost, but soon I came across the most perfect coat, one I had been after for months.With no question in doubt (being the impulse buyer I am) I treated myself to this £170 coat - you might be thinking Charlie why would you spend an excessive amount on a coat? But taking the style, the fit and the durability into account I felt this was a coat that wouldn't go out in style any time soon nor would it wear away.

Now styling a coat like this I found quite easy, if you're looking to get a coat like this or have a coat similar to mine then make it the vocal point of the outfit - I mean we need to show it off don't we? 

Black being a harsh colour you need to mix it with basics such as white and grey, as I find mixing colour with black can often be hard to pull off. I chose to piece my coat with nothing but black and grey pieces - I chose to wear a dark grey tee shirt from Topman underneath with a pair of black skinny jeans from Primark and to finish the outfit off I ended it with a pair of all black high top Converses from Schuh.

You can style this coat in so many different ways but I chose to use it as a classic all-black outfit but don't be afraid to style it however.

If you're looking for a coat similar to mine then I recommend checking stores such as Topman, All Saints and Banana Republic as they have a range of coats just like mine for prices high to low.

I hope you enjoyed today's post and I hope to see you again next week with another style related post: if you enjoyed what you read then feel free to follow my on Bloglovin' or post me a comment in the comment section below.

Have a wonderful Thursday.

What's on my body?
Oversized Wool Coat | Banana Republic (£170 with first purchase discount)
Grey Crew Neck Tee Shirt | Topman (XS - £7)
Black Skinny Jeans | Primark (£11) All Black High Top Converses | Schuh (£38)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |