Personal Goals | The Year To Remember

Sunday 1 March 2015


In today's post I am going to run down some of the things I want to achieve this year to make it worth remembering.  During this past month I have taken a lot of time to think what I want to do and achieve this year and make it one to remember.

Being eighteen opens up so many doors and creates so many more opportunities. I have been eighteen for almost half a year now and it has been nothing but spectacular. The eighteenth year has allowed me to do so much more than ever before and this is why this year, 2015, I created a list of things I want to do to make it a year worth looking back on.

Travel and Holidays;
This year I am to go abroad. I have been able to travel the world for so many years with the help of parents, I've seen glorious places including the history of Rome, the city life of New York, the parisian life style of Paris and so many more incredible places but this has been under the wings of parents where as this year I am to travel and go on holidays with friends.

Travelling on my own/with friends is nothing out of the ordinary, I've taken day trips/weekends away at festivals with friends before so I'm used to the independent lifestyle however going abroad without parents is something I've never done.


Talks amongst friends have been going back and forth for a while now, this year I'd like to go to Greece and Spain with my friends from work for a summery get away this August. Greece is a place I have always wanted to visit, especially Santorini, so being able to go there this year is beyond a dream so let's hope this dream becomes a reality. 

Also this year me and my sister aim to go to Barcelona for a weekend city break. Myself and my sister have travelled across the world before but only under parental guidance but this year we aim to break the mould and take a weekend getaway in Barcelona. This is place neither of us have visited and somewhere we both would really like to go, now that we both work full time and earn considerably more money this looks achievable this late summer.

Festivals & Concerts:
Late last Summer, me and my best friend Emily went to our very first festival, Bestival in the Isle of Wight which we have agreed was one of the best weekends of our lives and this is why this year we aim to go back to Bestival for round two, but this time round we will gather a larger squad and spend the weekend watching great music, chilled vibes and endless disposable photo taking. 

Alongside Bestival, me and a few of my other good friends are aiming to go to Wireless Festival on the penultimate day of the weekend, the Sunday. This is the first time I'd be going to a festival for the day and not over the weekend, the tickets cost just £60/70 for the final day in which we see acts such as Nicki Minaj, Clean Bandit and Jessie J which is well worth the money we're paying. 

Lastly me and my good friend Jess are aiming to see George Ezra this year at the Bristol Harbourside Festival. Bristol is our local home town and the idea of seeing George Ezra alongside the harbourside with nothing but chilled vibes was something that both excited us. The Harbourside Festival is a four day festival that has one headline act per day including the likes of Jessie J, however we choosing to go for the day George Ezra is headlining. This is something I'm thoroughly excited for as this will be nothing but summery, chill and nice to watch good music alongside the river.

Days Out:
Days Out with family and friends are something that are important to me and something that I always thoroughly enjoy doing. I like to make the most of a day out and do as many things as possible to make it something to remember and that's no different for this year.

This year I allow myself to have a lot more time and money therefore days out with friends/family can be new, innovative and exciting. This year I'd like day trips to include:
  • Theme Parks, such as Thorpe Park & Alton Towers
  • Vintage shopping in Camden Market
  • Day Trip to London & Shopping with friends
  • Vintage Open Air Cinema with friends in the Summer
These are just a few of things I aim to do, some I have done before and like to do again. I would love to do the things everybody should experience in their life, such as the drive-thru movie screening, camping in the woods with friends and so forth. I aim to create as many memories as I can and doing these sorts of things I know that I'll to tell a story in years to come.

Driving:
This year is the year dedicated to driving. If you hadn't already known I am eighteen years of age and still can't drive (much to my parents annoyance)

This time last year I was in amongst my driving lessons stalling every other time and failing to even to go to any lessons because I dreaded to do so. I took eighteen hours worth of lessons over a few months and eventually stopped because I loathed driving/my instructor but this year I aim to get this nightmare over with and start again with a new outlook and instructor.

I recently booked my theory which is coming up very soon so lets hope after successfully jumping over the hurdle I could pass my driving test by summer (fingers crossed)

Celebrations:
This year I aim to make the most out of the holidays this year, those being Birthday, Christmas, Halloween and New Years. I'm one who loves to celebrate all those sorts of holidays and this year I want to make the most of them as we only get them once a year.

This year I will be turning 19 in August and I aim to create some sort of a Birthday-week (greedy me) but I want to spend each day doing different things with different people, including meals out, nights out, days out and so forth and I know that if I do so I'll be nothing but happy.

As for the other holidays including Christmas, New Year and Halloween I just want to celebrate each one in style and thoroughly enjoy myself for each one, so spending each one with friends and family will be extremely important to me and something that I'll love to look back on.

That is all about my goals this year for this post and if I have any more I'll be sure to update you.

I recommend compiling a list of things you want to do this year and try to achieve them because what's better than that? and if you're a blogger like me then why not create a blog post as I would to read them so if you do make sure you leave a comment on this post so I can see.

Can't believe we're in March already so I hope you had a wonderful February and much better March. I hope to post much more this month as February I found it difficult to post on a regular basis - so apologies for that.

Have a lovely chilled and roast dinner-filled Sunday and March.

4 comments :

  1. You'll love Barcelona as a city break, there's some lovely sites and places to shop! This was a lovely post :) Rebecca | Rebecca Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a lot of people have told me that I'd love it & thank you so much!
      Charlie Tottle | chxrlietottle.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. Great post- it is good to see that you have so many aspirations for the year and there is no reason why you can't achieve them all! Good luck with the driving, once it clicks and you get the hang of it it becomes almost automatic!

    Ben | www.twentyfirstcenturygent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, and yes I hope I can reach them all this year and it'll give me some motivation to do so. Thank you, glad to hear that as it has been worrying for me ages now.

      Charlie | chxrlietottle.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |